Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dear Nati (1)

Dear Nati:

So, you´re going to love flying Lufthansa. As soon as you get into the air, the first round of drinks they distribute is mostly alcohol and mixers instead of the standard soda or juice option, which everyone takes without question or judgment of the person they are sitting next to. Best of all, its free. I, of course, took some red wine, and what´s really nice is that they come back three or four times to make sure that your glass stays full. Needless to say, I slept very well on the plane.

The person I was sitting next to on the plane was a dude named Vladimir from Bulgaria, and we hit it off. Every time I´d begin to doze off to sleep he would wake me up for the next round of drinks, and we´d cheers our plastic glasses of wine together after every pour. It was kind of pesky at first, but I soon got to enjoy it.

They also feed you (twice!), which was nice, even though before the flight I made sure my appetite was satiated with some Potbelly. It was nice flying with an airline that doesn´t seem at all to have been affected by the crashed economy.

Yesterday I mostly slept, but Alex, Sascha´s old friend, picked me up from the airport and brought me home, and he also met up with me later to take me out to dinner. We had pizza on this nice patio with fountains and couches. The food was really good, and we drank hefe(weizen, but everyone just calls it ´hefe´ like Spanish for ´boss´). I slept in until noon today, and now I´m more ready than ever to get out there.

Today, I need to get a converter charger for my computer and phone, as all of the outlets are a different shape than American outlets. Its raining though and I´d almost much rather continue to rest so that when Sascha and Katja get here I'm good to go. Although they´ll be jetlagged themselves ... well, whatever.

Miss you! I wrote this letter in this format because I´m going to post it on my blog, so don´t worry - your response doesn´t have to be as lengthy as this one. Haha.

Love - Julian

3 comments:

  1. Love you Jules! We miss you dearly already... Jijad bought he and I a 22 oz.er last night. I got all excited and even looked at my watch to see if you were gonna get off of work soon. Oh wells... have lots of fun and please update your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearted man called Benjamin Breil Lee working with funding service as loan officer, Mr Benjamin Breil Lee helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Benjamin on what's app +1-989-394-3740 Or also with his personal Email on 247officedept@gmail.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.

    ReplyDelete