Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sunday Dinner at Katja's Mom's

On Sunday night, Sascha, Katja and I rode bikes through the city to Katja's mom's for dinner. It was about a half-hour bike ride, and for once, I showed up to something I had been invited to on time. Probably nothing to brag about.

Photobucket


Katja's mom was very warm and energetic, and she reminded me a lot of my own mother. She busted out three bottles of wine, one sparkling - anyone who knows me knows this is a good way into my heart. We talked about a wide variety of things, one of which was her new dating life, which only endeared me to her more. Her English was a little strained, but way better than my German.

Her flat was amazing, too. It was in a cute part of town and apparently, both she and Katja grew up in the house (at least, part of the time). Its amazing to think that some families have homes as heirlooms, and that houses can hold so much history. It was really nice and pretty big, so I couldn't imagine parting with it, either.

Photobucket


For dinner, she roasted rabbit and some vegetables, and on the side served potato pancakes. For dessert there was créme brûleé, and a plum cake that one of her friends had made. We sat for a while after dinner and talked, mostly Sascha and Katja about their recent trip to China. I tried not to get too tipsy in anticipation of the ride home.

All in all, it was a really lovely evening. We rode back on our bikes happy with full stomachs.

Photobucket

2 comments: